Whiplashgruppens film o nyhetsblogg, referointia

Niskan retkahdusvamman voi saada paitsi peräänajokolarista, myös kaatumisesta ja putoamisesta, esim. polkupyörällä tai ratsailta pudotessa

ViestiKirjoittaja DirtyDeeds » 25 Loka 2009, 17:48

tahdonvoimaa kirjoitti:I think open mouth x-rays/röntgen is not very common way of diagnosing any necktraumas in Finland. As a matter of fact I haven't heard anyone talking about it in this foorum. Please, people, correck me if I'm wrong. :) In many cases no x-rays are taken immediately after injury, if these's no need to suspect frakture or dislokation in a cervical spine! If pain persists or getting worse some doctors may want to see x-ray pict.

Don't know how commonly they are used, but at one point I had an open-mouth x-ray. I just don't remember when or where or who ordered it... :shock: :? :shock:
Kovia kipuja alkaen 8/1999, niskaan tehty 1999 anteriorinen dekompressioleikkaus, väli C7-Th1 luudutettu yhteen, selässä madaltumia, instabiliteettia, protruusioita, kipuja
Blogi: http://dd-speaks-his-mind.blogspot.com/
DirtyDeeds
Foorumin ylläpitäjä
Foorumin ylläpitäjä

ViestiKirjoittaja fedja » 25 Loka 2009, 19:17

chilli kirjoitti:I think that maybe maybe the pain in the hands, feet etc is bigger than the immeadtly pain in the neck. Maybe the patient "tarrautui esim. rattiin kun oli se kolari"??

One of my first and biggiest problem from my big (I had a near death expiience in that accident)- was the fever feeling in my feet and eyes, my
dizzines and my "exploding" head. I didn´t know where I was etc...
I was stiff in my neck and had pain, but that wasn´t the biggiest problems!

I also think (hope I am not totally wrong)- that the problems with eyes, ears and the cognitive problems are neurological and come from the brainstem.(hjärnstam- aivorunko??)

I think the same way that those kind of problems are neurological. In Finland the biggest problem is that doctors don't understand that there can be spinal, brainstem and brain damage coming in this injury, even if nothing seen in MRI, fMRI or Rtg. Instead many doctors think kognitive problems are psychological, except a few Whiplash injury experts.

chilli kirjoitti:We think that these problems come from the brainstem.

Yeah. I think so too. Gunilla Bring have about this in her phD research. One possible thing is also Diffuse Axonal Injury (Diffuusi aksonivaurio DYI), which often can not be seen in MRI.

chilli kirjoitti:Bak to the cognitive problems and brainstem:
Maybe it is that you, in some way, have to do an examination where
you have to measure? (mäta, mitata?) the brainstem streaming activity??
I don´t know if these kind of examinations can be done?? I hope you understand how I mean?

Yes. I don't know either if there is a good examination method for that. One is to measure Autonomic nerveus system (Blood pressure when laying down, by sitting, when you blow to the tube, etc.)

Have a relaxing time after conference! Which conference was that?
Master of Kiristys and Jumitus
fedja
Foorumin ylläpitäjä
Foorumin ylläpitäjä

ViestiKirjoittaja chilli » 26 Loka 2009, 00:34

fedja kirjoitti:
chilli kirjoitti:I think that maybe maybe the pain in the hands, feet etc is bigger than the immeadtly pain in the neck. Maybe the patient "tarrautui esim. rattiin kun oli se kolari"??

One of my first and biggiest problem from my big (I had a near death expiience in that accident)- was the fever feeling in my feet and eyes, my
dizzines and my "exploding" head. I didn´t know where I was etc...
I was stiff in my neck and had pain, but that wasn´t the biggiest problems!

I also think (hope I am not totally wrong)- that the problems with eyes, ears and the cognitive problems are neurological and come from the brainstem.(hjärnstam- aivorunko??)

I think the same way that those kind of problems are neurological. In Finland the biggest problem is that doctors don't understand that there can be spinal, brainstem and brain damage coming in this injury, even if nothing seen in MRI, fMRI or Rtg. Instead many doctors think kognitive problems are psychological, except a few Whiplash injury experts.

chilli kirjoitti:We think that these problems come from the brainstem.

Yeah. I think so too. Gunilla Bring have about this in her phD research. One possible thing is also Diffuse Axonal Injury (Diffuusi aksonivaurio DYI), which often can not be seen in MRI.

chilli kirjoitti:Bak to the cognitive problems and brainstem:
Maybe it is that you, in some way, have to do an examination where
you have to measure? (mäta, mitata?) the brainstem streaming activity??
I don´t know if these kind of examinations can be done?? I hope you understand how I mean?

Yes. I don't know either if there is a good examination method for that. One is to measure Autonomic nerveus system (Blood pressure when laying down, by sitting, when you blow to the tube, etc.)

Have a relaxing time after conference! Which conference was that?

Iltaa!
Here in Sweden there is a measure examination of the bloodpressure in the brain. A friend of mine has done that. I know they do this with a Pet camera and they do it in Uppsala, but probably also in southern Sweden.

I have all? the studies Gunilla Bring has written. She had her first "luento" in 1986/1988 and I was there. It is, I remember in 11 or 18 pages and I have it all here :-))

I have bought all her books and studies through the years, though not lately. It is a pity she is not "acting" for us now, though I think she is "puheenjohtaja" (ordförande) for the group where previously Dr Bengt Johansson was "puheenjohtaja". It is a pity nothing new has come from them since Dr Bengt Johansson died.
Gunilla Bring has a good reputation among us whiplash injuried patients, but I think she had difficulties among the "doctors" and the profession.

The Open mouth X-ray is not very common here either. To get this you have to ask and beg for it. It is a hard work for us to get the examinations- we have to know what we have to ask for. Noone gives us the examinations just like that- They don´t offer us any examinations, because they see us "only" as painpatients!

The conference was held by Nackskadeförbundet. I met a member from this forum there in the conference :-):-)

From yesterday I remember that they- maybe Helena Huhmar? also talked about that we often have "injuries" in the frontallobe. They do examinations here like Emeg ? and eNeg. Do they do these in Finland? It has to do with the nervimpulses from brain and muscle activity. They also do (by request) "CT-skalle" "Datortomografi av hjärnan"- in finnish?
I think that in these examinations they can see the frontal lobe injuries.
(I myself have done all these three things and I have in my journals that I have injuries?? in the right frontallobe).

I have some questions:

1) Has anyone of you been to the Norwegian Doctor, Trond Stokke for the radiofrequence treatment/therapy? Have you any doctors in Finland who do these?
We have Dr Nath in the North- Umeå who is quite a wellknown doctor.

I personally don´t really believe in this radiofrequency method.
I thin it can be good for a while but I don´t think the effect will keep for long.

2) Can you tell me what they do in Finland when a person comes to
the hospital first time after she/he has been in a caraccident?
I mean the absolutly first time she comes to the "sairaalaan"?
Mitä lääkärit tekevät- millaisia tutkimuksia??

3) Does Finland pay for the examinations in Vantaan Magneetti- when you go to Raija?

4) What is the reputation concerning Karl-August Lindgren and Raija Mikkonen? Do the injuried patients see them as people- doctors who understand their problems?

Hyvää yötä Suomi!

/chilli
chilli
Noviisiniskoittelija
Noviisiniskoittelija

ViestiKirjoittaja fedja » 26 Loka 2009, 12:04

Master of Kiristys and Jumitus
fedja
Foorumin ylläpitäjä
Foorumin ylläpitäjä

Edellinen

Paluu Vamman tunnistus, diagnosointi, hoitoon pääsy - (Whiplash)